Thursday 27 June 2013

Habit or Procrastination?

I finally had a haircut today.  I think it may have been a year since my last cut.  You just can't really tell with curls, which is a blessing and a curse.  It means that to look at my hair the split ends are hidden in all the texture.  But those same split ends cause nightmares of knots. 

I had been thinking of getting my hair cut for a while now, I just couldn't work up the energy to decide where to go.  I have to find a new hairdresser now that we've moved.  But this week J and I are back in our hometown so I booked an appointment to have my hair cut at my old hairdressers.  I never should have left it for this long.  It feels nice again, my head is lighter and the curls form better. 


So is it a habit to go back to the same hairdresser?  I think in some ways it is.  She knows me and I know her.  She asks questions about how life is going, how my family is (my whole family has been to the same hairdresser!) because she already knows some things about me (and has an amazing memory!).  She knows how I like my hair done. 

But it was also procrastination.  I needed to get my hair cut, but as it got closer to the time we were going back home I put off finding someone else.  I don't want to have to explain how I have my hair cut.  I don't want to have to introduce myself and have to answer lots of questions.  I know I will have to do this eventually, but I've put it off yet again. 

But at least my hair now feels nice. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Rachelle, I can recommend a good hairdresser close to BHG for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scissors McGee2 July 2013 at 10:59

    Are you sure it's not just that you like pretending to be an old lady?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :P I certainly lowered the average age of the customers! I think it's lovely the way that the hairdressers chat with the older ladies and help them.

      Delete